Cauliflower & Beet Salad in Curry-Mustard Vinaigrette
October 3, 2017
A burst of colour ready for the Summer, can’t wait!
The two main ingredients are a match made in health heaven, recent health claims suggest the benefits of beetroot include prevention of dementia and can aid in lowering blood pressure, while studies also suggest that cauliflower can aid in warding off heart disease and cancer.
- Prep: 2 hrs 15 mins
- Cook: 2 hrs
- Yields: 6 servings
1. Boil the beets for 1.5 – 2 hours or until fork tender. Peel and cut into wedges.
2. Boil whole head of cauliflower for 5 minutes. Drain. Submerge in an ice bath for 3 minutes. Drain and cut into florets.
3. Toast mustard seeds in a skillet for 2 minutes.
4. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, curry powder, salt, and toasted mustard seeds.
5. Toss prepared cauliflower, beets, sliced onion and chopped parsley in the vinaigrette.
See more recipes here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/