Nutritionally boost your day with this chilled cucumber and wood ear mushroom salad, it’s an effective way of getting flavour and nutrients rolled up into one meal. Eating cucumber, a chilled one especially, not only thaw any encumbrances in the digestive tract, but also goes flavourfully on the tongue. Wood ear mushroom, commonly sold in Asian markets, is a dear ingredient-mate of the cucumber in the cooking of this tantalizing salad.
Prep: 1 hr 30 mins
Yields: Serves 2-3
14g/0.5oz dried woodear mushrooms
200g/7oz Japanese cucumber, thinly sliced
1 tsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. grated ginger
15ml/0.5fl oz lime juice
15ml/0.5fl oz light soy sauce
15ml/0.5fl oz sesame oil
1 tsp. palm sugar
1/2 tsp. Thai chilli, chopped
1. Soak woodear mushrooms in cold water for 15-30 minutes to rehydrate.
2. Drain mushrooms and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
3. Mix ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and chilli in a bowl.
4. Toss in sliced cucumbers, cooked mushrooms, and sesame seeds.
5. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
See more recipes here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/