September 12, 2017
These mouth-watering quiches make such a delicious snack. We’ve made the base out of almonds and gluten free oats and the filling is eggs, sun dried tomatoes, kale and red onion with a dash of nutritional yeast.
Traditional quiche is not usually a healthy option as it generally contains quite a lot of cream cheese. For this nutritious alternative we’ve substituted cream cheese for skimmed milk and used nutritional yeast to give the cheesy flavour. We’ve also used a mix of whole eggs and egg whites to help manage cholesterol levels.
You can choose any fillings you like instead of the sun dried tomatoes, kale and red onion. Hope you enjoy!
11. Place all the case ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined. If the mixture is too sticky, add more ground almonds.
22. Preheat the oven to 170C/340F.
33. Grease your cake tins and place a tablespoon of the mixture into each tin. Push it along the sides and the base until all of the tin is covered. Repeat with all 12 tins.
44. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
55. Meanwhile start making the filling. Gently fry the onion and kale until softened.
66. Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, nutmeg and black pepper until combined, then add in the nutritional yeast, onion, kale and sundried tomatoes.
77. When the bases are ready remove for the oven and fill each of them with the filling mixture.
88. Place back into the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes.
99. Top with fresh dill to garnish.
See more recipes here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/