As it’s the Chinese New Year and a time for fresh beginnings, we’ve created a simple, nutritious and delicious stir-fry to cater for any healthy eating resolutions. It’s ready in 20 minutes which makes it an ideal healthy meal for those short on time.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yields: Serves 4-6
250g/9oz Nian Gao
100g/3.5oz Chinese sweet peas, tips picked off
100g/3.5oz young corn, cut into bite-sized pieces
100g/3.5oz baby carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
100g/3.5oz white onion, thinly sliced
15g/0.5oz cornstarch, for dusting
50ml/2fl oz peanut oil
For the Sauce
15ml. (1 tbsp.) black bean garlic paste
15ml. (1 tbsp.) chiu chow chili oil
15ml. (1 tbsp.) sesame oil
15ml. (1 tbsp.) honey/maple syrup
30ml. (2 tbsp.) cold water
3g (1 tsp.) cornstarch
1. Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
2. Cut Nian Gao into bite-sized pieces. Lightly dust with cornstarch.
3. Heat peanut oil in a frying pan. Pan-fry Nian Gao for about 2 minutes per side over medium heat. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, add peas, carrots, young corn, and onions. Sautee for 3-4 minutes over high heat.
5. Return Nian Gao to the pan and pour in the sauce mixture. Cook for about another minute, stirring continuously.
See more recipes here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/