Vegan Mapo Tofu
Prep Time10 minsCook Time5 minsTotal Time15 mins
1 block silken tofu (400g/14oz), cut into inch cubes
150g/5.25oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
125ml/5fl oz vegetable broth
2 tbsp. chilli bean paste
30g/1oz fermented black beans, roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
1 tsp. Sichuan peppercorns
2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp/15ml peanut oil
1 tsp/5ml sesame oil
1 tsp/5ml chilli oil
1 tbsp/15ml honey/maple syrup
30g/1oz green onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp. cornstarch
25g/1oz peanuts, roughly chopped
1. Mix vegetable stock, cornstarch, soy sauce, and honey in a bowl.
2. Heat peanut oil in a wok.
3. Add in ginger, garlic, mushrooms, Sichuan peppercorns, fermented black beans, and white part of the leeks to the wok. Sautee until aromatic. About a minute.
4. Add in chili bean paste and soy sauce mixture.
5. Stir until thick then add tofu. Heat for a minute.
6. Transfer to a serving dish then drizzle chili oil and sesame oil.
7. Top with chopped peanuts.
Serving Size Serves 4-6