There are resources that have been around for centuries without ever losing relevance due to their effectiveness, ease of use, low-cost and multiple benefits. Apple Cider Vinegar is one of them. It is a wonderful culinary product – tasty, healthy and versatile, a must to have in every kitchen. After all, salad dressings prepared with it are simply delicious. Homemade apple cider vinegar is usually the best and quite easy to prepare, but don’t despair if that is not something you can do, just make sure when you shop for it, get the organic, raw and unfiltered type.
Apple Cider Vinegar for hair
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the favorite products not only in cooking but also in folk medicine. It’s quite amazing what it can cure: joint pain, heaviness in legs, varicose veins, obesity… Plus, it can be applied both externally and internally.
And the secret is – the fermentation process increases beneficial properties of apples, and as a result we get the concentrate of the most useful element for our body. Apple Cider Vinegar is a storehouse of vitamins, minerals and trace elements. It contains magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, sodium, fiber, enzymes, beta-carotene, malic, ascorbic, propionic, lactic and other acids.
Apple Cider vinegar is useful for almost everything. And it’s widely used for cosmetology purposes: on face and skin, for cellulite and stretch marks, for fighting spots and weight loss. Especially beneficial effect apple cider vinegar has on hair and scalp. Regular application of vinegar will help to get rid of dandruff, itching and make your hair strong, healthy, shiny, manageable, silky and it can even stop hair loss!
Apple cider vinegar is used for rinsing, combing and rubbing into scalp. It perfectly removes residues from cosmetic hair products, regulates the PH of the scalp and restores damaged hair, hair texture and shine. A lot of cosmetic hair masks are prepared with apple cider vinegar as their base. With this product you can solve almost any problem related to hair and scalp.
Apple Cider Vinegar hair masks
These masks have been tested by thousands of women. They have been proven to be very effective methods to fight dandruff, itching and hair loss. Apple cider vinegar can also be used to make masks for dry and oily hair. Anyone will find a suitable apple cider vinegar hair recipe.
Mask for dry hair
- Crack an egg and separate the yolk. Add a spoonful of castor oil and a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar. Mix thoroughly. Rub into your scalp, cover with a warm towel and leave for 1 hour. Wash off with a neutral shampoo. For best results repeat twice a week for 2 months.
Mask for brittle hair
- Mix 1 tablespoon of kefir, 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey. Squeeze 2 garlic cloves and grate a small onion. Mix well. Apply the mixture on the hair, cover with a shower cap and wrap with a towel. Leave it for 1-2 hours.
Mask to make hair shiny.
- Grate an apple, add one egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar if your hair is dry/normal or 4 tablespoons of vinegar for oily hair. Apply to your hair and leave for 30 minutes then rinse with warm water.
- To fight dandruff heat pure apple cider vinegar and apply to the scalp. Cover with a shower cap or plastic bag and wrap a towel around it. Keep it for one hour then wash off with mild shampoo.
The following apple cider vinegar hair mask is very effective: 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon of honey and 0.5 cups of water. This mixture should be rubbed into hair 30 minutes before shampooing.
- To get rid of dandruff and soften the hair, use the following vinegar and thistle broth combination. Bring 2 tablespoons of burdock roots and a glass of water to boil and simmer for a little while to let some water boil out. Then let it cool down, strain it and add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Rub the hair and scalp with this mixture every day.
- Sometimes it is suggested to rub concentrated apple cider vinegar directly into hair roots. It is believed that this is a very effective means against itching and dandruff, as well as it normalizes the sebaceous glands. The latter is particularly important for oily hair.
Essential oils are readily soluble in apple cider vinegar. You can make apple cider vinegar hair masks with bay, birch and cedar essential oils.
Combing hair with Apple Cider Vinegar
To treat oily hair, mix 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of water. Take a massage hairbrush, dip into the mixture and comb the hair until wet. Repeat this procedure 3-4 times a week at bedtime.
For scratching and itchy scalp use the following ratio: 1-2 teaspoons of vinegar to 1 tablespoons of water. Apply the same way as in the previous recipe.
For hair loss, massage your scalp every night with a brush, dipping it in apple cider vinegar and water solution (1 part water/1 part vinegar).
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair rinse
Regular apple cider vinegar hair rinses make hair soft and manageable. These procedures are particularly beneficial if your hair is unruly or damaged. But it is also good for preventive purposes. Universal hair conditioner for all hair types is pure apple cider vinegar diluted with water.
- Add 1/3 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar to 3 cups of warm water and use it to rinse the hair after shampooing. Do not rinse with water afterwards.
- There are also other ratios: 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water, 1 tablespoon of vinegar to 1 quart of water and 1 part vinegar and 1 part water. Try them all and see which one works best.
Addition of herbs can enhance the expected rinsing effect. For example, apple cider vinegar with rosemary enhances dark hair and gives it shine, vinegar and chamomile lightens hair color, and sage strengthens hair follicles:
- For oily hair you will need a teaspoon of sage, rosemary, thyme, horsetail;
- For dry hair – a teaspoon of nettle leaves, rosemary, chamomile flowers;
- For dry and weak – 2 tablespoons of crushed leaves of burdock
Pour 100 ml of water over the herbs, leave for 15 minutes and strain. Then add 20 ml of apple cider vinegar and the rinse is ready.
You can also add essential oils:
Conditioner to strengthen hair: 1 liter of water, 0.5 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of sage oil. Mix all the ingredients and rinse your hair after shampooing.
Taking Apple Cider Vinegar internally to strengthen hair
Taking apple cider vinegar internally helps to normalize metabolic processes. This helps against many diseases, including obesity. But taking vinegar can also strengthen hair: drink one glass of boiled water with 1 tablespoon of vinegar for one week. After a week break repeat the process. It is recommended you rinse your mouth after taking vinegar to prevent damage to tooth enamel. And if you have gastritis or hyperacidity – avoid drinking vinegar altogether.