How to mince garlic is a question that many people ask. And actually it is very easy to do.
You can mince garlic with a knife, or a garlic press which is much easier.
- To do that, first you need to separate cloves by pressing down on the garlic head with the heel of your palm.
- Cut of the root end of the cloves with knife.
- Then peel the individual cloves by pressing down on clove with side of your knife.
- Do not press too hard – you can smash the clove and it will mix with the skin.
- The older the clove, the easier the skin releases. Or you can use garlic peeler
To mince garlic with a knife, slice the clove in one direction, then turn it.
Now you can run your knife in a regular back and forth motion to chop the clove until it is fine.
If you don’t have a lot of time and have a garlic press, then just put the whole peeled clove in the press and squeeze it. Use your knife to release any minced garlic.
Now you know how to mince garlic properly.