Ginger Candy Buying Guide & Reviews
In this industrialized time we are living, most of the food we are eating is processed in one form or another. Being able to discover edibles, which are untainted from modern capitalism can be a hard task if you don’t know where to search. To raise awareness that there are still brands that put a lot of effort in producing quality and healthy food, we made a list of the top 10 best ginger candy products on the market at the moment, which were personally ranked by its users.
What Is Ginger Candy Good For?
People love it not only because it is a healthy snack, has good flavor and natural ingredients, but also it comes with healing properties. Digestive problems like nausea and morning sickness can be effectively treated when consuming them.
1. Prince Of Peace 100 Percent Natural Ginger Candy Chews, 4.4 Ounce
Prince of Peace Original Ginger Chews, 4 oz. – Candied Ginger – Candy Pack – Ginger Chews Candy – Natural Candy – Ginger Candy for Nausea
A bestseller on the market for quite some time now, this brand offers convenient and healthy snacks, served in a 4.4-ounce pouch.Made out of sucrose, ginger, tapioca starch and coconut oil, this product offers a healthy and enjoyable treat for you.
It is made out of 100% natural ingredients and is highly popular among its buyers.
People love it, because of its health benefits and its consistent quality. If you want to read more about the product’s reviews, click the button for more information.
2. Gem Gem All Natural Chewy Ginger Candy (4 Variety Pack)
Gem Gem All Natural Chewy Ginger Candy Variety Bundle Pack 1.25oz
Being able to choose 4 different flavors of crystalized ginger candy is the feature that brought the next product onto our list. Not only tasty but also consistent in quality and popularity.
This gluten-free and fat-free treat is viable for anyone who enjoys this kind of flavor. It comes in a visually appealing 4-ounce pack that is practical at the same time.
Which flavor suits you the most is totally up to you, although the lemon ginger candy flavor is the favorite among many.
Overall people like this product, because of its convenient pack size and variety in flavors.
3. Ginger People Ginger Chews, 3 Oz
The Ginger People Ginger Chews, Original, 3-Ounce Bags (Pack of 24)
Another popular and one of the best ginger candy products on the market. This product features gluten-free, soft and chewy candy.
Low in calories and made out of cane sugar, ginger and tapioca starch. The package is visually very appealing and weighs 3 oz.
People like it, because of its healing features when it comes to nausea and other problems.
4. Chimes, 2 Ounce
Chimes, 2 Ounce (Pack of 1)
A 2-ounce pack that holds the “original” ginger chew candy. Made out of cane sugar, ginger and tapioca starch, this product features all-natural ingredients.
The brand is well known around the world, especially for its ginger treats. If you are looking for something with more flavor variety, this brand offers numerous additional flavors to satisfy your taste buds.
5. Prince of Peace Ginger Chews with Mango, 4 oz.
Prince of Peace Ginger Chews with Mango, 4 oz. – Candied Ginger – Mango Candy – Mango Ginger Chews – Natural Candy – Ginger Candy for Nausea
Another product of the brand Prince of Peace that made it onto our list. This time with mango flavor.
To ensure your hands don’t get sticky while eating them, each candy piece is wrapped separately. Made without artificial flavors, additives, colors and having only 15 calories per chew, makes this treat a healthy snack.
If you want to try something natural and delicious against nausea and to improve your health, perhaps this item is the right one for you!
6. Non-GMO Project Verified Double Ginger Peach Tummydrops
Non-GMO Project Verified Double Ginger Peach Tummydrops 33 Count
The brand Tummy Drops have been counted as a trusted brand for their candy made out of ginger. They are very popular, because of their healthy qualities for the digestive system.
A lot of health care professionals recommend this product against symptoms like nausea, motion sickness, morning sickness and more.
The brand also offers multiple different flavors. Click the button to check out their assortment of different tastes they have.
7. Ting Ting Jahe Ginger Candy, 4.4 Oz (3 pack)
Ting Ting Jahe Ginger Candy, 4.4 Oz (3 pack)
The next item on our list is a product of Indonesia. You can order it in 3 different packages, each containing 1, 3 or 10 packs.
For a fairly low price, you can get great flavors, which are promised to be authentic and tasty at the same time.
Each pack weighs 4.4 oz and has old-school pictures drawn on it. This item is especially popular among people who like a strong taste of ginger.
8. AURORA PRODUCTS Australian Crystallized Ginger Chunks, 11 OZ
AURORA PRODUCTS Australian Crystallized Ginger Chunks, 11 OZ
If you don’t like your crystalized ginger candy served in a pack, but rather prefer a plastic container, this is definitely the item for you.
The brand Aurora Products brought us this product. It weighs 11 oz and features crystallized ginger chunks packed in a plastic container with a removable lid.
At the front and end, you will find a label with the product’s information. Have your treats always at hand and easily accessible.
9. Ginger People Ginger Rescue Strong 0.55oz
Ginger People The Ginger Rescue Strong, 0.55 Oz, 24 Count
A product solely made to ease your digestive problems. Each ordered box contains 24 tablets of pure ginger power and weighs 0.55 oz.
For additional popularity, the brand decided to make this product gluten-free and vegan friendly.
One of the top products on the market at the moment, not only because of its high quality but also of its healing effects.
10. Trader Joe’s Uncrystallized Candied Ginger, 2 Packages
Trader Joe's Uncrystallized Candied Ginger, 2 Packages
Containing uncrystallized ginger candy, the next one on our list is something special. Promising a sweet and smooth flavor and made with real ginger, it makes for one great snack.
The brand Trader Joe’s gives us this product in a practical resealable bag, which allows you to keep your treat fresh and tasty at all times.
Ingredients include ginger, sugar and sulfur dioxide, which is added for freshness.
– Ginger Candy Frequently Asked Questions
Below you can find the most searched questions about ginger candy on the internet. We try our best to answer them in as much detail as possible. Hopefully, you will learn something new and it will be easier for you to decide whether you want to buy ginger candy.
How To Make Homemade Ginger Candy?
To make quality homemade ginger chews you’ll need:
- Fresh ginger root
- Granulated sugar and salt.
- Optionally you can also add vanilla extract or orange extract.
- Peel the ginger root completely and slice it into thin rounds, then put it into a large 6-quart saucepot.
- Cover the pot and let the ginger simmer for 30 minutes until it’s softened. Pay attention that the ginger won’t become mushy.
- Open the lid and check how much water there is on the bottom. There should be 1/4 cup of water, if there is not enough simply add some.
- Stir in the sugar and salt and bring the mixture to a simmer. Stir it constantly for about 15 to 20 minutes until the blend starts to crystalize and gets sticky.
- Remove from heat and stir in the orange or vanilla extract, but keep in mind that it’s optional.
- Spray your baking rack with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the ginger candy evenly throughout the baking rack, creating a single layer.
- Let the ginger candy rest for 2 to 4 hours so that it completely dries out.
- Place in an airtight container in a cool and dark place.
- Keep away from warmth and sunlight. The ginger candy will remain eatable for 1 month before it will start to spoil.
How To Make Homemade Ginger Candy Without Sugar?
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Peel the ginger and cut it into small strips.
- Take a small saucepan, add the sliced ginger and water.
- Bring it to boil and cover it. Let it simmer for 30 minutes until the ginger becomes soft, but not mushy.
- Drain the water from the saucepan, keeping around 1/4 of it and the ginger.
- Put it back on the heat and stir in the allulose.
- Simmer until you get a sticky consistency. Remove the blend from heat and spread it evenly on a parchment sheet.
- Leave it out at room temperature overnight so it dries and hardens completely.
- Roll the ginger candy in the monk fruit for a nice coating.
- Store in an airtight container in the dark. It will last for 2 weeks before starting to spoil.
Ginger Candy Benefits
Ginger candy is mainly used to help ease symptoms of nausea. If you have an upset stomach, the ginger chews will accelerate the movement of food from your stomach. Because ginger has antioxidants, it may lessen or prevent the destructive effects of radicals in the body which contribute to developing a lot of diseases.
This Is How You Make Ginger Candy At Home
This video from marerecipes.com and the ingredients is all you need to make candied ginger at home. Ginger candy has also several health benefits, for example, it helps against nausea.
Choosing something healthy, tasty and in certain situations even with soothing effects is crucial for your well-being.
We hope this article was helpful in your search. If you want to learn more about the topic, you are always welcome to browse our webpage for more information.