Chocolate Cream Pie
April 21, 2015
A cream pie is a type of pie or cake filled with a rich custard or pudding that is made from milk, cream, flour, and eggs. It can come in many forms, including vanilla, lemon, lime, peanut butter, banana, coconut, and chocolate. Read more here.
Mix chopped chocolate, flour, milk and sugar in 2 quart saucepan. Stir constantly and cook it over medium temperature until the mixture begins to get bubbly. Continue to stir for 2 min.
Mix a little bit of the mixture into egg yolks and beat rapidly to avoid cooking the yolks. Stir the warm yolk mixture into remaining chocolate mixture, and cook for an extra 90 sec.
Remove from temperature, and stir in margarine or butter and vanilla. Pour filling into pie shell. Let chill until set. Top with whipped topping, and sprinkle with a little grated chocolate.
Some fun Pie facts to brighten up your day:
- Apple pie was first created 600 years ago in England and they had no sugar, because it was too expensive
- Pumpkin pie was first introduced in the year 1623
- In 19th century fruit pies were a common breakfast
- Pie is beginning to challenge cupcakes for the most trendy desserts
- Boston Cream Pie is a cake, not a pie
You really should try to make Chocolate Cream Pie, it’s easy and delicious as it gets.
Image by: Michael Kmak