Grilled Veg and Almond Ricotta Crostinis
October 3, 2017
These crostinis have a beautifully blended mix of flavours. They would be ideal as a party snack when you’re entertaining or for lunch when you fancy treating yourself to some bread, but want to balance it out by covering it in a highly nutritious topping.
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 25 mins
- Yields: 30 pieces
1. Soak the raw almonds in hot water for at least an hour.
2. Transfer the almonds to a food processor with about a quarter cup of the soaking liquid and the lemon juice.
3. Process until smooth but still a bit grainy. Add more of the liquid if you want a smoother consistency.
4. Season to taste.
5. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
6. Prepare the bread. Slice the baguette diagonally into about a third of an inch thick. Brush lightly with olive oil and toast for about 8 minutes in a 175C/350F oven.
7. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Peel and cut the red onions to bite-sized wedges. Chop the eggplant/aubergine into half-inch cubes.
8. Arrange the chopped vegetables in a roasting pan. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and add in the dried herbs.
9. Roast for about 8 minutes in a 175C/350F oven.
10. Assemble the crostinis. Take each toast and spread about a tablespoon of the almond ricotta. Top with the roasted vegetables and some chopped fresh herbs.
See more recipes here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/