October 3, 2017
These crostinis have a beautifully blended mix of flavours. They would be ideal as a party snack when you’re entertaining or for lunch when you fancy treating yourself to some bread, but want to balance it out by covering it in a highly nutritious topping.
1 hr 25 mins
11. Soak the raw almonds in hot water for at least an hour.
22. Transfer the almonds to a food processor with about a quarter cup of the soaking liquid and the lemon juice.
33. Process until smooth but still a bit grainy. Add more of the liquid if you want a smoother consistency.
44. Season to taste.
55. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
66. Prepare the bread. Slice the baguette diagonally into about a third of an inch thick. Brush lightly with olive oil and toast for about 8 minutes in a 175C/350F oven.
77. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Peel and cut the red onions to bite-sized wedges. Chop the eggplant/aubergine into half-inch cubes.
88. Arrange the chopped vegetables in a roasting pan. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and add in the dried herbs.
99. Roast for about 8 minutes in a 175C/350F oven.
1010. Assemble the crostinis. Take each toast and spread about a tablespoon of the almond ricotta. Top with the roasted vegetables and some chopped fresh herbs.
See more recipes here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/