Rice side dishes? Always welcomed!
Majority of people claim that cooking is a kind of art – it is necessary to have a perfect taste, which will tell you if particular ingredients mixed together will make a great composition. It is also very important to know, what kind of side dishes suit the main ones. It can be compared to the painter, who has to know which colors go well together.
There are, however, some universal colors that can be used every time – white as well as black suit the rest of the colors so they will never ruin the painting. Analogically, there are some universal side dishes, which can be served before each and every main dish. Those are, of course, rice side dishes.
And the winner is…
Everyone has his own taste, that is obvious, but one of the most popular and at the same time one of the most delicious rice side dish is an aubergine stuffed with rice. It is one of the best rice side dishes ever and there are several reasons for that. First of all – it is easy to prepare.
Moreover, preparing such a side dish is not very much time-consuming, so we can prepare it shortly before the party. What is more, the dish looks appetizing on a plate so taking into consideration a fact that we eat very much by our eyes, such a feature should also be appreciated.
Cooks, are you ready?
In order to prepare a rice side dish mentioned above, first of all you have to buy everything needed. What will you need?
- 2 aubergines
- stock cube
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic
If it is about an aubergine, you will need two of them and choose the ones, which are ripe so you will be able to prepare more portions. A stock cube will be a good additive, whereas tomatoes and onion will emphasize the main taste of the dish. Is that all?
Of course, not – do not forget about other additives, like pepper, oil as well as oregano.If you like, you can also add some garlic, but taking into consideration fact that not everyone likes it, it is not obligatory.
Ready, steady, go!
- What does a good cook do before he starts cooking? Wash your hands and do not forget to wash the ingredients also!
- Firstly, the aubergine. You are probably thinking what you should do with it? Just cut out their flesh, which should, then, be diced and fried on a pan with one spoon of oil. For a while just leave aubergines you’ve got left, but do not throw them away.
- Dice onion and tomatoes after washing them, of course. Hygiene is a fundamental thing in the kitchen so, please, remember about washing vegetables and all of the ingredients that are able to be washed.
Rice side dish, but where is the rice?
- What you should do next, is cook the rice, but not just in the water, as you probably usually do – add one stock cube to the water so that the rice will have an unusual, special taste.
- The rice should be, then, mixed with fried flesh of aubergine, onion and tomatoes and such a mixture should be put to the “aubergine boats” that were waiting for being used until that time.
- Now you have a time to add some seasonings and such aubergines can be put to the oven for about thirty minutes. You’ll see – this rice side dish is yum-yum!